Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A little shook up but we are fine!!

Since we got here to Guatemala we have had several trimmers. We would look at each other as the ground below us shook. It was a very eary feeling but would not even last long enough to think about it too long.

Last night as we were saying good night to the kids in bed. We felt a good shake and it kept going and going. Then the house really started to move we decided to very quickly move outside as it would not stop. You know 20 seconds is a long time for a trimmer. (later we found out it was 6.1 on the richter scale!!!) After we ran outside it was amazing to see everything shaking and moving. Chloe Ann said "my heart is really bumping mama". I told her mine was too. The boys did not really say anything. We just all stood there looking at each other in awe.

Thank goodness there was no major damage anywhere. Cell phone towers and electricity went out in some parts of the country for a few minutes but we are just fine. Praise the Lord.

It was the talk of town this morning as I dropped the kids off at school. Everyone was asking us (the new comers) how we felt about the "temblor".

I have this feeling this morning that no matter how much I think I am in control of my life. The Lord is in complete control of my life, and especially this world. I have such a peace about being here in Guatemala because I know this is exactly where the Lord wants me to be. Doing His will.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! Scary, but so cool that in the midst of that the Lord confirmed to you once again His perfect plan for your family!
I didnt realize earthquakes were that common in Guatemala.

Donna Griffin said...

Hey girl, I am sooooooo glad that you all are ok!!! Daphne you are such a faithful child of God. You know I miss you all so much, but I to feel that God has you just where he needs you. Hugs and Blessins. Donna

allison said...

Lets shake, rattle, and roll!!

Unknown said...

just so we could relate to your experience, we just had an earthquake in IL!! ok it was only a 5.2 and it was about 300 miles south of us but we did feel it. miss you everytime we read your blog. Jaime

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Heather said...

remember those trimmers we used to have in San Diego?

Glad everything is okay.

Stephanie said...

What is a TRIMMER? Is that something you use to cut hedges?