Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Black Sand Beach

Last week Danny's teacher said he needed some time to rest his brain. So he took off school Friday and we headed to the beach. WHOOOHOOO I think we all needed a break. We have heard a lot of things about the beach. We were exccited to find out for ourselves. We left Friday morning and we were there in 2 hours. I could not believe we live so close to the beach! As you can see from the pictures it is not like Gulf Shores. It was absolutely beautiful! The sand it very black, it is volcanic crushed rock. Believe it or not the sand was actually softer than the white sand we were used to, but VERY HOT. The waves were incredible you can hear it as soon as you step out of the car. The surf is so strong we could only get in knee deep. It would crash on the shore and literally knock you down even when you were knee deep.
Naomi did not like the noise of the crashing waves. You can see her frowning as I put her down to at least get ONE picture of her on the beach.


Chloe Ann made many sand castles just like Grandsir(my dad) taught her. She said he is "the best" at making sand castles.

Titus & Isaac loved sitting on the sand waiting for the wave to come and throw them around. They were also able to find a few crabs, They loved that. They liked the beach even though they couldn't really get in.

We stayed at a great hotel and I loved the pool, mainly because when we were at the beach Naomi wanted to be held the whole time. It got a bit tiring.


















We stayed at the beach or pool the whole time. It was a much needed break. We all had a very fun time.

The hotel we stayed in was outside Montericco so we drove in town to eat some good local seafood. We had garlic shrimp with french fries, fried fish(whole even with the eye balls!!) with salad and Danny got the typical Marisco Soup (seafood soup). They have yummy fresh fruit drinks out of any kind of fruit you want.. It was delicious!! Isaac said peeling the shrimp reminded him of crawfish. We all said AWWW we are missing crawfish season!!! But this is good too!

As I was sitting on the beach early one morning before 7:00 watching the kids play I was completely overwhemled with how Amazingly beautful, and unbelievably strong the ocean is. I just broke out in song. "How great is our God, sing with me how great is our God..." Even though there were people around they could not hear me because the waves were so loud. I knew God could hear me even if I would have been whispering. As the kids came up to me they too started to sing. After we finished the song we talked about Gods power, strength, and love. And how He made this for us to enjoy. It was a neat experience to share with the kids.

Some how Danny escaped my camera the entire week-end, but I did get a cute video of him with Naomi after her bath. Its a bit dark but I like just listening to it anyway.



I will publicly admit that I went against my husbands words of wisdom and took my camera to the beach around my neck (not in the Bag) YIKES!!!! And got it wet so to my detrement I do not have a working camera. I took it to a camera shop today so please pray with me, maybe they can fix it!!! Until then No more pictures.

4 comments:

allison said...

I'm so glad to see yall relaxing, kicking back, drinking a bud...I mean, having a good time:)
I WILL pray that the camera gets fixed.
BTW, I'll go home in about a week and eat lots of crawfish for you. (Was that like so mean of me to say?!!) OK, I take it back...but I am going home and eating lots of crawfish:)

Sarah said...

What a cute video of Naomi! I am glad you guys got a break just to hang out together. I will also pray that camera gets fixed, I need the pics of Guatemala! :) Oh and Jerry said to tell you we have eaten enough crawfish for everyone this year. :P sorry... We cant wait to taste seafood soup Guatemalan style though.

Abbey said...

Oh the talk of eyesballs and crawfish make me want to throw up. I did eat some fantastic sushi tonight, though!! Mmmmmm!!To each his own, I guess.

The cutest laugh ever from little Naomi. So adorable!! The beach trip looked like it was beautiful!! How great for you guys to get to spend that time away together! Yay for you!

Gonzalo & Yvonne said...

Oh how I miss you all.
This is for Chloe Ann...Happy Birthday sweet girl, we love you!
Lots of kisses from all of us especially from Ella, you know she just had a birthday last Friday. She is a big 3 year old girl and she loves to draw and she is quite good at it. I post some of her drawings on our blog so you can see them.