Monday, March 31, 2008

Friendships



We all need and crave friendship. We need someone who will rejoice with us or cry with us, someone who will comfort us when we crawl through valleys of despair or laugh with us on the mountaintops of happiness. Through the years we have made and still have many close friends. We have not really had that since we got to Guatemala.
Danny met Carrol at Language school and soon after we had the whole family over for dinner. It did not take us very long and we all hit it off. For the past 3 months we have had an Awesome friendship. We all need deep meaningful friendships with other people. The proverb says, "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly." (Prov. 18:24) We have with the Gunters. When we met the Gunters it was like we had known them for ever. We all got along so well and we were able to really open up and share our hearts with each other.
Today our hearts are sad, we said goodbye to our good friends last night. It was a tearful time, and hard on the kids too. Last week as we were preparing the kids for the departure of our friends both of the boys had a melt down and said they were tired of making good friends then saying good bye. I told them I was too, but reminded them how neat it was to have so many friends. God has allowed us to visit many places and meet many great friends. I told them I would rather have friends I may have to say goodbye to than not have friends. Often people do not find the friends they want and remain lonely and wonder why? To have friends we must show ourselves to be friendly, and have to learn to say goodbye.


The Lord led Carrol & Mica here to Guatemala to adopt Sweet Josie. It was so neat to see the love that Christian & Corie have for their new little sister. We learned a lot from them and will really cherish the time we spent together. Blessing to you guys as you take Josie HOME!!http://antiguajourney.blogspot.com/
FRIENDS, YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED!

6 comments:

Abbey said...

What a sweet post!

I always remember that Titus didn't ever like saying goodbye... even as a little boy. That's a loving little quality.

I'm sorry you have to feel that loss, especailly being so very far away. I love you guys!! And miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

daphne thanks for making me cry again!!! we love you guys and can't wait will we get to come visit again. yall have a special place with us we will never forget the memories we have with yall.tommorrow is our big day and we are so thankful for your support. Love carrol mica christian corie and Josie Gunter

Sarah said...

Well Daph that was sad & sweet all in one. As we spent time with my family yesterday having a crawfish boil (we were all together for the first time in a while), I was really aware of all we will miss. I know the Lord will help us thru just as He does you guys. The Lord will provide more close friends for you all, we will pray that it is soon! love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
allison said...

I hope the Lord brings more good friends like that your way soon. I'm happy for you and sad for you all at the same time.
I'm proud of you, Daph.
God is sustaining you and blessing you and your family. Love ya.

Michelle said...

That was very sweet! I hope you guys make some more friends soon and I will pray they stay around :)