Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Honduras part II

I was born in Honduras and lived there the first 8 years of my life. After my parents moved away we still continued to visit over the years. Danny and I were able to go on several trips with my parents, before we married and after. It has been 15 years since Danny and I had been to Honduras. We were able to see many friends, and loved ones. 

 My parents with the Sandovals (my sister in laws parents), in Spanish they are 'consuegros' (we don't have a word for it in English.)
 In Siguatepeque we had a great lunch at the Granja D'Elia, the kids liked seeing the monkeys and the parrots.
 These sweet girls are like nieces to me, their mother Lesbia lived with us when we lived in Honduras. It was so kind of them to give up their rooms so we could stay with their family. I loved seeing my kids play with hers.
 Naomi and Marcela

 It was like a homecoming, being able to see so many friends. It was especially exciting for me to see the influence my parents had on so many people when they lived in Honduras. Teenagers would come up to  my parents and say "I don't personally know you but my parents think the world of you and pray for you every day. Thank you for investing in my parents." During the Sunday church service the man who was preaching spotted my Dad, he called out 'Don Pat', he stopped speaking, walked over to my dad and hugged him. He then said 'I am sorry it is not every day you Pat Davie in the service'. These were young men my Dad spent hours with mentoring. To see the respect and reverence they have for him was incredible. 
 The Alvarado family has grown. 
It was good to see David & Fernanda too!
 Last but not least we got to see Don Julio Marriaga, let me tell you, he looks great. He was my fathers mentor when we moved to Honduras in the 70's and he is like a Grandfather to me. It was so much fun to sit and talk with him and have my kids listen to him tell stories. My dad was also remembering stories from years back.
We had great times with good friends and made wonderful memories.

No comments: