Saturday, May 10, 2008

Foote update- May 2008

I sent this E-mail out today. I thought I would post it so you all could get the update.
If you want to be on our update list please give me your e-mail and I will add you.

We just wanted to let everyone know how things are going. We are all excited about our future in Santiago. Moving to Santiago has been in “our future” for so long it seems strange to think it is so close. We were able to put a deposit down on a house and it should be ours as of June 1st. We wanted to go ahead and start renting it when it came available in case we needed to fix anything or make any repairs. It is a rustic house but we are so excited about the location and the size!!! We will have plenty of room for visitors. Lord willing Danny will be finishing Spanish school in July and we will move out to Santiago.

Danny is doing great in Spanish School, he is going to be taking his second to last test today!! Please pray that he will retain everything he has learned. He covers a lot of material and sometimes I think he is learning so fast it is hard for him to keep up with everything. The last few weeks he has really surprised me with his increased vocabulary. He has gotten far enough along that I cannot answer the questions he has sometimes. I tell him I just speak it “I don’t know why we say it that way, it just sounds right” J

The rest of us are doing great, we are anticipating visits from friends and family starting in a couple of weeks. It will be so good to see some familiar faces.

Please continue to pray for us as we make our final transition to Santiago. We have settled into life here in Antigua pretty well and it is going to be hard to say goodbye ‘again’ to friends we have met. Pray for Danny as he finishes language school. Wow I can’t believe we are getting so close.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Hey you guys! We really miss you and hope to see you real soon. Tell Danny I'm praying for his spanish or as John Ringo would put it, "It's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English!" Tell Cloe Ann we said happy birthday. And put me on you blog roll!

Stephanie said...

Hey Daphne,
Thanks for visiting my blog....Kenny and I are having fun with this! You need to go and see his songlist. It's funny. I just wanted to tell you, Clarissa was learning about the Mayans, Aztecs, etc. in history (Story of the World). And of course, we thought about you!! Also, remember when you told me about Math U See? I told my friend that you liked it, she bought it, I looked at it, and then I bought it. We really like it. It works for Adi really well because she is a kinesthetic learner....that means she can't sit still or concentrate very well! Hee hee. Anyway, we love and miss you guys and are so excited about what God is doing in your lives!