Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Time for School

After much prayer and consideration we decided to put the 3 older kids in school. We have always home schooled and will continue to do so once we get to Santiago. They were learning Spanish just fine but at a slow pace. Once we get to Santiago we will focus on learning T'zutujil so to speed up the process. What better way than FULL immersion right. Yikes! poor kids. I think it is harder on me than them.

We have been attending a CAM church and they have a small school of about 130 students. The kids were very excited and even more nervous. The school is completely in Spanish, they do have an English class!! I told them they should make an A in at least that class.

As I sit here trying to catch up on E-mails & blog buddies I am a little overwhelmed. How I miss so many of you. I love keeping up with you through your blogs. As I sit here with tears running down my face remembering all the wonderful people God has allowed me to have as friends I am so thankful for you and your prayers but selfishly want to be there with you.
Goose I lost it when I read your last blog. We too would love to be there with you all. Give those babies a big hug for me.

8 comments:

Graced said...

You are such faithful and godly parents. I am so proud of you for following God wherever He sends you or your children. You are being faithful to obey in every season.

May God's blessings pour out in a never ending stream on you all. May He fill you up and sustain you. May He touch you with His love through the love of His followers.

Michelle said...

Sweet Daphne, I can not even imagine! I think it would be difficult after homeschooling all those years to put your kids in any school much less one where they don't speak the language fully. They are going to be some seriously cool people when they grow up though (and are now, I'm sure). Wish I could give you a big fat hug!

allison said...

What does'nt kill us makes us stronger (and I say that in total sincerity) Your kids are great and will do great. Your faith and trust in God is unbelievable. I'll will be praying for strength and peace and that God will sustain you. Much love

Heather said...

Sorry to make you loose it girl! Love ya. I am so glad that we were able to have a few years together in the New Orleans area... But what even makes me happier is that we are able to share the experiance of serving our God full time in another country. Grant it we are in different countries, but still able to relate to each other on that level too! I cannot imagine letting you go to Guatemala and me staying in New Orleans!

Abbey said...

What a scary day that must be to send them into the unknown of that new school. I believe they will do great and pick it up fast.
I cried reading your blog as I sit here at the Lorenzens for the weekend, and felt the sadness of your longing to be with loved ones. I realized how much I take it for granted. I'm sorry you can't get big hugs from everyone!! I love you, girl, and i will be praying for you. (and your kiddos!)

Daphne said...

I FEEL SOOOOOO LOVED!! Thank you for all your words of encouragement. The kids are doing good in school, I am doing good too.

Sarah said...

Oh Daph...now I am teary eyed reading this 5 days later. We have been wondering how the kiddos were doing in school but I never thought to check your blog. :) I miss you too! I am so thankful the Lord gave me a friend like you to show me how to live by faith! We cant wait to see you guys this summer!

Sarah said...

Oh, please let Chloe Ann know Maddy has been praying for her to enjoy school and make friends quickly! We were shopping yesterday and she got Chloe Ann a little something to give her this summer. I tried to explain to her that it would be a few months before we saw you guys but she said "that's ok, we can save it for her". :)