Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Our visit with Mom & Daddy

Our visit with Mom & Daddy was so much fun. We had lunch at the Calle de la Fonda real. We sat at the same table Titus lost his tooth! He enjoyed sharing that story with Mimi & Grandsir. We had some delicious cheese fondu.

The Philippis had us over for lunch. It was good for Mom & Daddy to catch up with them. We always have a great time with together.

I especially enjoyed taking pictures of her gorgeous flowers.



You all know me I cannot resist a good photo opportunity with the kids! Hee hee



































Titus is 10, Isaac 7, Chloe Ann 5 & Naomi 1
That week-end we went out to the lake for a couple of nights. We stayed at Las Buenas Nuevas in Panajachel. It was absolutely beautiful!


Pedro & Ana were also at LBN one of the nights we were there. The boys & G’sir taught them how to play Monopoly. I think they got the hang of it pretty quick.


On Sunday we crosed the lake “on the fast boat” as Chloe Ann says. It takes about 30 minutes on the small boat. The view from the middle of the lake is Awesome. You are in a bowl of mountains and a few volcanoes, on this gorgeous blue lake. God is an Awesome creator.


Once we got to Santiago we went by the church and met with Pastor Abraham. There were some ladies there who could not believe Naomi could walk so well. They were so excited we were coming to live and work with them so soon.


We got to meet Pedro’s Mother. She could not speak one word of Spanish. Mom & I said “Hola” and she just started speaking in Tzutujil!! We did a lot of smiling & nodding, and sign language.


One of the highlights for the kids was shooting fireworks with Grandsir & Danny. On December 31st we had a blast, they put on quite the show.

We loved every minute of the week we had together.
Thank you for coming Mimi & Grandsir!!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun, and what gorgeous pictures. I love seeing little glimpses of your life there. We love ya'll and are praying for you!

Abbey said...

Wow, Daph! You really are a great photographer! You've always had that gift though. I actually got a big lump in my throat looking at these. I'm not sure if it just settled in or what how far away you are. It made me a bit sad. I'm so glad everyone os asjusting and doing well! It looks beautiful!
If I were to send ya'll a fun little package, how might I do that?

Michelle said...

You guys are one absolutely beautiful family. I loved all the pictures and being able to see what's going on with you guys.

allison said...

I STILL want to take that Naomi and never give her back!! Glad mom and dad got to visit.

allison said...

I do love ALL of your kids - really! God is good

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Heather said...

Hi, love ya. I know that it was tons of fun for you and the kids to spend time with mom and dad. They came back with a ton of stories and filled us un on your everyday life!