Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Our visits to Antigua!

We have been going to Antigua for several weeks now and we really like it. It is where Danny studies Spanish. It has cobble stone roads and very old buildings. There are 2 volcanoes you can see behind the city. It is gorgeous landscape. We had a great time this past week-end. As soon as we walked to the main drag we saw this family playing their instruments. We were all very impressed. They were all home made notice the turtle shell drum!! The little boy playing the marimba was standing on a stool.



We found a cool restaurant that we love Fonda de la calle Real. It must be a favorite here too ,there are 3 around town. We just thought we were walking in circles until we figured out there was more than one.
Titus decided to wriggle his loose tooth while we waited for our food and next thing we know he said Daddy it came out! So there we are in this nice restaurant with Titus tooth in hand, trying to conceal the blood and rush him to the bathroom. Like we are not a spectacle already (large gringo family in a foreign land) we have to throw some excitement in too!

Antigua is known for their cobble stone roads, quaint shops, antiques and a great history. This was a great photo op I could not pass up.


We finished up the day with Ice cream (we like ice cream down here Isaac can eat it too!) and a visit to the park. Needless say we have had some fun times in Antigua.


9 comments:

Marsha said...

What a beautiful place! Makes me want to visit. Do you have to be concerned about drinking the water there?

Renee said...

Hi guys. I was happy to see that you have a blog now. Right now I'm living through our missionary friends and family until we can get out! We're praying for you and it's so good to see that you're settling in.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean Isssac can eat the ice cream there? I just found lactose free ice cream here, will Cole be able to eat it there too?
Reading your blog makes me want to go now! I cant wait! I am so glad you started this! I will check it often so post often. :)

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

its gorgeous! i would type in spanish but i dont know how to get the accents on here.. anyhoo..i love that titus lost his tooth in the restaurant. that is classic.

Daphne said...

Marsha, right now we do not have to worry about the water we are staying on a Seminary campus and they have a well system. When we leave the Seminary we will have to be very careful of the water. I worry about the kids. The hardest thing is to not drink while brushing your teeth or in the shower!!

Saj,
I don't know what kind of Ice Cream it is but it does not have any milk. It's sort of like ground up ice with flavoring. Reminds me of a snowball but the consistency of Ice cream. Cole will love it!

allison said...

what is the temperature? It looks so beautiful. And how long does it take to get to Antiqua? Congratulations Titus!

allison said...

Another thing, thanks for the video of the music. When I visited Ecuador, I fell in love with the music

-C said...

Ok, so after looking at a map (I love the internet) ... I'm no longer confused. Antigua is also an island in the Caribbean that we flew through to get to Dominica and it just didn't make sense to me if you were in Guatemala. Anyways, thanks for the geography lesson. :) Hooray for ice cream anywhere ... gosh, I'd love to try that kind. It's so fun to see your smiling faces in the place where you're meant to be right now. Again, I'm happy to be able to connect with you here. :)

Abbey said...

I miss ya'll. It's holiday time and I should be able to see you in PC soon, but not this year, huh?

What are your plans for the holidays? Wait...I'm behind on blog world...maybe I should keep reading ...that may already be answered somewhere!