Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Guatemalan ZOO!!

A couple of weeks ago we went to the Zoo. We went with Pedro & Ana Samuc and one of their daughters Heldi. We had a great time together. It was Naomi's first time to the Zoo. She loved seeing all the animals but was vary scared of the elephants. I guess because they were sooo big!!



We went in the late afternoon and a lot of the animals were up and running around. The monkeys were jumping and playing chase. The leopards were pacing back and forth, then started wrestling. It was neat to see so much activity at the Zoo.

Little did Naomi and I know we had some wild Tz'utujiles behind us!!


The last thing we did before we left the Zoo was get a snack, the kids went straight for the cotton candy. We also enjoyed grilled corn on the cob with lime and salt on it.




It was a good little Zoo, we all had fun and it was good to spend time with Pedro, Ana & Heldi Titus wanted to see was a Quetzal bird, but they did not have one in the Zoo. It is the national bird of Guatemala. Titus said "Seems to me if it was the national bird it would be in the Zoo, I guess I'll have to find it in the wild".

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is the biggest stick of cotton candy I have ever seen!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Well now, that sounds just like Titus - I can hear him saying that! Glad you guys had fun!

allison said...

Nice new fancy blog wall. Glad it was a nice day at the zoo. I love the joyful spirit that God blesses you with - it is contagious! So glad to keep up with you.