Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Day Out...

The day after we got to New Orleans my sweet (awesome) sister in law said she would like to keep mine & Heathers kids while we go out for the day. Let me tell you, not too many people offer to keep 8 kids (4 mine & 4 Heathers) plus 3 of her own!!! Thankfully mom was also there to help.

I had not seen my sister Heather since May and had only spoken once since then. I live on the side of a volcano in Guatemala, she lives in the boonies in Mexico so communication is rare. It was great to be able to talk and catch up on life and how each other was doing. We laughed and we cried, it was wonderful. Even though we live in different countries and have different lifestyles and live in different cultures so much of what we go through seems to be so similar.

We jumped in the car, left the house, looked at each other and said now what:) We went to get pedicures with a massage. The lady who did Heathers toes was fascinated with her, she kept telling her "You so beautiful" and she is it was just funny hearing it so many times in one hour from a stranger! We had a good laugh about that.

Then we went to the mall and got a few things, and finished off the afternoon with some good ol coffee from Cafe Du Monde.

Thank you Patty and Mom I had a much needed day with my sweet lil sister whom I admire and look up to in so many ways. She is an inspiration and encouragement to me and I am so blessed to have her as my sister.

No comments: