Saturday, August 23, 2008

Moving Day to Santiago

We moved out to Santiago the last week-end in July. The church in Santiago sent out some men from the church to help us move from Antigua to the lake. It was so neat for us to see how different we are. Even just moving boxes. They would strap a towel around their forehead and hold the stuff on their backs. Let me start out by saying that to get to our house you have to park the truck about two blocks away and walk down a small path through coffee fields, corn fields and by neighbors to reach our house.
Let me tell you these men are real men. Jose carried our fridge on his back almost two blocks to our house. He was tired when he got their but only caught his breath and went back for the washer!!!!!We are very thankful to these brave guys who helped us move.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Wow - I want these guys next time I move! :)

Sarah said...

That is amazing, we were wondering how that move was going to be accomplished. But of course that is how it was done - Guatemalans were involved - they are amazing!
Do you guys have internet at the house yet? Oh and I think there are less scorpions because everyone you know is praying them AWAY!!!! :)

Abbey said...

They are strong!! I knew Matt's big old head coul dbe used for something else spectacular!! :)

And what a clean fridge you have my dear! Squeaky clean! :)

Michelle said...

GOOD NIGHT!!! That is so strong... and funny. Wouldn't it be funny if I started carrying things like that here? Like it was nothing? "What? I always bring my groceries in like this."
I love reading your blog.

allison said...

Do those Guatemalans need advil?? Did you feed them some carbs??
Is Issac and Titus taking lessons??
Glad your moved in!!

Kenny said...

Hey Boy! I've got a new blog just for sec football. And it devoted to talking trash. Check it out at secrant.blogspot.com