Thursday, June 12, 2008

PICKLES

We have enjoyed all the new tasty foods we have encountered in here Guatemala.
Grocery shopping in Antigua is a bit difficult. Sometimes you can't get what you need or want. Now, I am not complaining because once we get to Santiago I won't even have a grocery store!!
Not too long ago I went shopping in the capital and It was great. I went to Hiper Paiz. It is our Guatemalan Wal-mart.
I managed to get several things we could not find in Antigua one of which was a jar of DILL PICKLES, I know you guys are thinking not that big of a deal. Honestly when I bought them I didn't think anything of it either. We got home and put the groceries away. I think Chloe Ann discovered them first and asked could she have some pickles I said "sure". She got a bowl out and had about 3 slices. She shared with Naomi and we laughed at the faces she made.
Then Isaac & Titus came in and said OOHHH pickles. Can we have some I said "sure thing guys". They each had their share. As you can tell we were about out of pickles, I think Danny came in and had the last two and had a big drink of the pickle juice. Titus said Mom the pickles are all gone. Could I make a pickle pop in the freezer? Like we used to have at Camp Pearl. I said "sure buddy".
As I was thinking about the pickles and I just had to laugh. We devoured a whole jar of pickles in about one hour (well Titus had to wait for his pickle pops to freeze).
Now that I think about it we have not had pickles since we left the states. We must have had Pickle withdrawals!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is so funny.Who would have thought about missing "pickles"!

The wofford's

Heather said...

Hey I was just craving me some pickels three days ago! Funny huh!

Sarah said...

Wow- the things you miss! :) I was wondering what those things were, I should have guessed it would be pickles, the boys must have Danny's taste for food.
We are getting excited and ready for our trip - we cant believe it is in a little over a week!!!

allison said...

I'll NEVER forget looking in your fridge and seeing a jar of pickles without the juice! That Danny - so funny

Gonzalo & Yvonne said...

Isaac wants to know if Titus liked his pickle juice popsicles. He loves pickles.

Stephanie said...

Yum, I just love pickles. When I was a kid, the snow cone man would come through the neighborhood and I always bought a pickle-juice snow cone and all my friends thought I was gross. Then I would have a stomach ache afterwards; but I loved it!

We meant to Skype you while we were in Birmingham, but the only way we could have done it was on Nick and Michelle's wireless network, and we just never did it. So sorry! Wish you could have been there. We talked about you guys, though, alot, so it was almost like having you were there (but not quite).

Anonymous said...

What a great story! You'll never know you'll miss! We take too much for granted. And how were the pickle pops?
Patsy